Monday, September 24, 2012

September 24 - Daily Draw

For my daily draw today, I felt like spending some time with Pamela Coleman-Smith.  Her illustrations are featured on the Rider-Waite Tarot, brought to life here by the PCS Commemorative Edition of the RWS.  It's an absolutely beautiful deck, feels and reads like a dream.  To go along with it, I got out my Pixie's Astounding Lenormand; a wonderful deck by Edmund Zebrowski.  It feels just as creamy and shuffles as wonderfully as the PCS, and features art taken from Pamela's work, so I love to pair them together.

The Tarot seems to be telling me that I have perfect happiness at the moment with the Ten of Cups, but to make it last I'll have to have a strong will and keep my ducks in a row (Chariot); otherwise I'll begin wishing and dreaming this happy time away as pictured on the Four of Cups.  This certainly applies to my life as a mother - it's hard to sit back and enjoy the children as they are, without wishing they were either more grown up or smaller again.  No Pentacles today, for the first time in several days!  I suppose that means it's time to turn  some of my concentration away from the business and back towards my other responsibilities.

The Lenormand pair for today is Mountain + Ship.  This tells me there's an obstacle I'll have to actually move around and avoid, I won't be able to conquer it or move it myself.  Sometimes when life puts something in your way it's best to just turn and take the longer route, rather than beating your head against a roadblock for ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment