Sunday, November 11, 2012

November 11 - Daily Draw

Today's daily draw was done with one of my favorite decks with Rider-Waite imagery; the Nigel Jackson Tarot (also known as the Medieval Enchantment).  Nigel is, in my opinion, one of the most gifted modern Tarot artists; his Rumi Tarot is also exceptionally beautiful.

I drew the Ace of Staves (Wands) and the Ace of Cups.  (As an aside.. I sometimes have a hard time concentrating with decks where the Wands are titled Staves, especially if the Ace comes up! For half the reading, I have Motörhead's song 'Ace of Spades' stuck in my head, except as 'Ace of Staves'.  Yes, this is a serious problem)!  The Staves in this deck are represented as arrows and associated with the element of Air, which I think is a nice twist on traditional Rider-Waite imagery; it allows the usually passionate Wands to be read in a more moderate way, and the usually cold Swords have some passion in them.  Drawing two Aces obviously means that something is starting up, and it has the potential to be big.  The elements of Air and Water tell me that this will be something that's intellectually stimulating, but also something that I'll be emotionally invested in.  Sounds to me like this is a perfect day to start reading a good book; one that's well-written and informative, but has a nice storyline as well.

Under the advice of a few people in an online Lenormand study group that I'm a part of, I'm going to start doing my daily draw as a line of three rather than a pair; it seems from their experience (and mine, after a few tries!) that two cards is a bit too generic to really learn good combinations with.  To start out, I chose the Mystical Lenormand, a pretty deck from Germany that's not extremely traditional with its symbols, but is still very much a Lenormand.  It's quite beautiful, and goes well with the Nigel Jackson Tarot.

In this new method, the 'focus' card is the one to the left, and the other two cards describe it.  I drew Anchor + Snake + Fox today, which tells me that my comfort and stability (Anchor) is being threatened by a deception (Snake) involving work (Fox).  I'm working with the concept of the 'magnitude' of the cards - basically, cards for a daily draw describe much lesser things than, say, cards for a month-long reading.  So it seems to me as if a little white lie will come out into the open today, and I will probably be a bit perturbed about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment