Thursday, November 1, 2012

November 1 - Daily Draw (Etteilla-style)

Back to your regularly-scheduled Etteilla-esque decks!  Today it's the Grand Tarot Belline, drawn by Edmond Billaudot probably around 1863.  It's partially based on the work of Paul Christian, with Etteilla-style keywords and a brief platitude written by Billaudot.

I drew the Mistress (Queen) of Scepters, the Wheel of Fortune, and the Two of Swords reversed.  The Major Arcana each has another title, which as I mentioned before comes from the work of Paul Christian - the Wheel is titled the Sphinx.  The keyword for the Mistress of Scepters is 'woman from the country'; the inscription says that 'Your future will depend on the power of a woman, you'll find her if you know how to look for her'.  The keyword for the Sphinx is 'fortune', and has an inscription that speaks of patience and perseverance.  The Two of Swords reversed has the keyword 'false', and the inscription says 'protection against enemies both known and secret'.  This looks to me as if a woman will come into my life, perhaps from a rural area (not hard around here!) or with a country attitude, promising to aid me with something in the future; but due to a turn of the Wheel I will discover that she is playing me false.

I love reading with these Etteilla decks - they're interesting and fun - but I'm afraid I'm not very good with them.  Hopefully with a bit more practice these readings will become more natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment