Saturday, November 3, 2012

November 3 - Daily Draw (Etteilla-style)

Here we've got another Etteilla-style deck, and I quite like it, though it's certainly a bit strange!  It's an Etteilla III type deck - of sorts.  The Major Arcana is full of Hebrew letters and Egyptian symbols (though the booklet is unhelpful as to their origin or meaning), and the Minor Arcana has inserts for both Italian- and French-style decks.  I believe that the keywords are Etteilla in origin, but I haven't been able to translate enough of them to be sure.

Today I've drawn the Knight of Coins, the Three of Wands, and the Eight of Cups.  The keywords for the Knight are 'profit' and 'utility'.  The Three of Wands is 'enterprise' and 'initiative', and the Eight of Cups is a 'young blonde'.  I'm not great with Italian; but I think it might be specific to a blonde woman.  However, I've found that when the cards talk of a young blonde it's often my brother, as he's the only one I know!  It looks like he will be reaching the end of some money problems, if he acts on his initiative and stays motivated.

The Lenormand pair for today is Lady + Stork; this seems to be saying I'll be in for a change.  It should be a change for the better, so I'm hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment