Thursday, November 22, 2012

November 22- Daily Draw (Thanksgiving!)

Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers in the US; and to all international readers feel free to enjoy some turkey as well!  The holiday season has me behind on all of my writing!  Just in case you're behind as well, I'd like to remind everyone that the deadline for Christmas orders in the US is coming up - December 3rd!  If you'd your deck to arrive by Christmas please place your order soon!

Today's daily draw was done with the absolutely lovely Rumi Tarot by Nigel Jackson.  I believe it's still in print by Llewellyn, and if you don't have one you should pick one up before they go out of print.  This is my spiritual go-to deck.  Not only is it beautifully illustrated, but each card also has a line from a poem by Sufi poet Rumi on the bottom; many of them relate to the Rider-Waite meaning of the card, but many are just little encouraging, spiritual asides that can comfort even in the darkest times.  This deck has gotten me through so much in my life, I can't tell you how much I love it.

My draw for today was the Empress, the Three of Swords, and the King of Cups.  On this Thanksgiving day, the Empress reminds us of the beauty of the feminine archetype; today we appreciate the Empress's gifts of abundant food and a great cook!  The Three of Swords reminds me of the tragedy that this day also represents; our country's terrible mistreatment of the people who first walked this land - and also a reminder that acknowledging that grief is an essential part of this happy occasion.  The King of Cups is the King of his emotions - he lets warmth and affection for his family shine through while keeping minor annoyances and squabbles in check.  Overall, a good reminder for this Thanksgiving!

I used the Mystical Lenormand for my Lenormand draw, and today have Heart + House + Moon.  Love and affection is central this Thanksgiving, love of family and home, reflected among all the members of family and friends (Moon).

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment