Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November 7 - Daily Draw

My daily draw for today uses the Haindl Tarot, a beautiful and stunning deck painted by Hermann Haindl.  It's vaguely Thoth-based in its titles and attributions, but the imagery is unique and absolutely wonderful.

I drew the Ten of Cups (Success), the Chariot, and the Son of Wands in the East (Page of Wands).  This speaks of success and happiness accomplished through force of will; happiness involving a fiery and energetic young person.  I always think of my middle daughter when I get the Page of Wands; she's strong and impulsive and everything the page represents.  The cards are saying we'll have a wonderful day together - if I can use my force of will to master hers!

My Lenormand daily draw uses the Britta Lenormand, a new addition to my collection and a lovely one.  It's one half collage, one half watercolor, and I think it goes beautifully with the Haindl.  Today is Rider + Ship, which brings news of travel, or a message from very far away.  Perhaps I'll receive an email from my grandmother today, or maybe a call or message from one of my husband's relatives, all of whom are halfway around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment