Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 31 - Daily Draw

I interrupt your regularly scheduled Etteilla reading session to bring you a Halloween daily draw!  For this, I had to get out what I consider to be my 'creepiest' Tarot deck - and I say that with a huge amount of respect and love for this deck!  It's called the Hermetic Tarot, and it's based on MacGregor Mathers writings for the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.  It's a black and white deck, beautifully and exquisitely detailed - I could spend forever looking at these illustrations!  Plus it includes the absolutely wonderful titles attributed to each card, which makes this deck so atmospheric.

I drew the Sun, the King of Swords, and the Eight of Cups.  I'm not entirely up on my hermetic work; I've spent a few years away from the Golden Dawn and the Kabbalah, elemental, and astrological attributions they assigned to the Tarot.  Titled Lord of the Fire of the World, Prince of the Chariots of the Winds, and the Lord of Abandoned Success respectively; this deck makes every card sound so important.  I want to say that my day lived up to such lofty titles, but looking back it was a perfect description of my incredibly normal Halloween night!  It was absolutely beautiful weather for the prairie in late October (the Sun), but a stern male figure (the King) combined with over-excited and over-tired children led to the Eight of Cups - a beautiful night which turned a bit sour towards the end.

I used the Gypsy Lenormand for my pair today, and drew the Sun and the Woman.  This describes an energetic and successful woman; but I'm not sure that's me today!  I'm definitely feeling pretty tired after a night out trick-or-treating, and it's time for me to hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment