Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 18 - Daily Draw (Etteilla)

Today I felt like going with a more Egyptian theme, so out come the pyramid and the obelisk!  This deck is a strange one, but quite interesting historically.  It is published by the Gamecrafter, a website that sells a few Tarot and Lenormand decks as well as other games, and it is as far as I can tell, the only readily-available Type II Etteilla.  Titled the Z. Lismon Etteilla, it was first published in 1838 by Simon Bloquel, and is very similar to Grimaud's Grand Etteilla.

I drew the Chaos, the Eight of Wands reversed, and the Five of Wands.  The keywords are 'Etteilla', 'destructive dispute', and 'gold'.  The Chaos card is meant to represent the time before creation in Etteilla's conception of the Major Arcana, and also be the significator card for a male questioner.  Since I am not male, I suppose I'll interpret it as Chaos.  I know just what this one is talking about - being unorganized leads to a dispute over money!  No need for details, but suffice to say that my family is living this at the moment.

For the Lenormand pair I once again used the Gypsy Lenormand; it just fits so well with these Etteillas!  The Snake + Anchor tells of the illusion of stability, something I count on that won't be there when I really need it.  Not sure what this one is referring to, but I'll be sure to update if it becomes clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment