Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 3 - Daily Draw (spanish style)

For today's draw I'll be using El Gran Tarot Esoterico, published by Fournier in 1978.  It is done in a modern woodcut style similar to many modern Marseilles restorations; but it follows the Spanish system as laid out by Eudes Picard.  I almost suspect this deck is the reason the system is referred to as the Spanish school of Tarot - it was probably the first deck following Picard's attributions to be published.

I drew the Seven of Coins, the Ace of Wands, and the Three of Swords.  The Seven of Coins here is said to represent charity; that is the only keyword given by Picard.  But I think the growing, branching tree can tell us more about this card: to me, it is charity given because you are prospering and growing.  Helping others is incredibly important, but make sure you have your own house in order as well.  The Ace of Wands is the idea of action; the beginning of a creative and fiery process.  As with most every day, I've had a couple of new ideas for decks, but perhaps this is a signal that I ought to follow through with one of them.  The Three of Swords is not a pretty picture here; it seems this is an ill omen in most all systems!  The fish is floating upside down, the plants have fallen to the bottom of a wind-whipped sea; Picard gives the meaning as a "morbid condition, or perverted instincts."  Though our instincts and intuition are often incredibly helpful, there are certainly times as well when they can lead us down the wrong road.  Perhaps this card is telling me to be wary of which of my ideas I pursue, as only one has the potential to root strongly as the tree on the Seven; and pursuing an idea that won't pan out is likely to be detrimental to my motivation.

I used my lovely Gypsy Lenormand again today, with the pair Anchor + Clouds.  My stability, that which I consider permanent and unchangeable, is actually much more insecure than I think.  I tend to start feeling trapped or bogged down when life becomes too mundane; but it's good to remember that the things we think of as everyday, mundane life can be pretty exciting and unpredictable when you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment