Saturday, October 20, 2012

October 20 - Daily Draw (Etteilla)

Today is the last of the Etteillas, and I've saved the most relatable for last!  This deck is the Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot by Paul Huson and published by Lo Scarabeo.  It is an Etteilla-inspired deck, with a Marseilles-based Major Arcana and Minor Arcana drawn according to Etteilla's meanings.  It's very colorful and fun to read with, and is honestly half the reason I want to learn to read Etteillas - it's just so beautiful and I'd like to use it more!

Today I drew the Three of Coins, the Tower, and the Knave of Cups.  The Three represents someone or something of great importance (Etteilla keyword: 'noble').  The Tower is said by Huson to be the house of the Devil, and the lightning striking it is a blow struck against tyranny.  The Knave of Cups refers to a blonde youth, a messenger of affections and a slave of his or her feelings.  These cards seem to tell the story of a blonde youth conquering over the tyranny of someone placed above him - literally the only blonde youth I know is my younger brother, and I know his boss can be a bit tyrannical at times; so perhaps this heralds him finally getting fed up and quitting his job.  This wouldn't be a bad thing for him - the job is a bit beneath him and he took it because of burnout in his field of expertise; but the family would be happy to see him back in a position he's better suited to.

For my Lenormand pair, I've used Pixie's Astounding Lenormand; many of the cards have bright enough colours to pair nicely with Dame Fortune's Wheel, though I didn't draw any of them!  The Woman + Lilies I interpret as a calm and serene woman; not much is happening in my life right now, and I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment